Foldable & Insertable Float with Balanced Buoyancy
An Air Volume Control System with over forty years of service. Proven performance by independent testing laboratory. Only Merrill Manufacturing™ has a foldable float with balanced buoyancy and can be inserted into a pressure tank through the pipe connection hole.
A Merrill-Float is a berrier to absorption of air by water under pressure. Merrill-Float assures a smooth working water system by separating the volume of air from the water within the pressure tank. Merrill-Float is made of a durable plastic approved by U.S. Food and Drug Administration, for the interior of containers carrying liquids for human consumption. Only Merrill-Float will stay level on top of water to separate air from water in tank.
1) Simple Economical Way to Minimize Water-Logging of Pressure Tanks.
Benefit - Most economical long life air volume control for tanks.
2) Plastic Flotation Ring forms a seal between water and air inside pressure tanks. The air-water seal is assured by Merrill Manufacutring™ exclusive "Wiper Blade."
Benefit - Effective water/air volume separation in the tank.
3) Eliminates Other Air Volume Controls or the need for air-charge, bleeder valves or air-release valves and headaches caused by corrosion of these parts.
Benefit - Merrill-Float will not corrode and is not effected by chlorine.
4) Float's Balanced Buoyancy is assured by a sealed, crush-proof flotation ring within the float, even if the tank drains. Merrill-Float resumes its floating position when water returns.
Benefit - Balanced buoyancy insures float will maintain flat horizontal position on top of water.
5) Merrill-Float is Built for Permanent Service, yet this water-log barrier can be inserted into place in minutes. The 12" through 20" sizes are flexible enough for insertion through a 1-1/4" tank opening. The 24" size will require a 1-1/2" opening. The 30" and 36" size require a 2" tank opening. Merrill-Float recovers its stable circular shape and assumes its proper position after insertion in tank.
Benefit - Can be inserted in existing or new tanks.
Merrill-Float is available in the following diameter sizes: 12", 16", 20", 24", 30" and 36"