C-1000 Series, CNL-1000 Series & CBNL-1000 Series
High Quality, Reasonable Price, Galvanized or Stainless Steel Pipe, No-Lead & Hi-Capacity Available
The C-1000 Series Yard Hydrant gives year-round water service that drains below the frost line once shut off. The Merrill Manufacturing™ C-1000 Series, the most popular and competitive line of yard hydrants, has incorporated time-proven materials and the small detail improvements discovered over the last 65+ years. Only Merrill Manufacturing™ builds in 5 exclusive benefits to give you the best value in the industry.
* 1) Lever Control operates by cam principle and pulls straight up on operating rod. Provides variable flow from trickle to full flow without lock to hold lever by just moving the handle.
Benefit - Variable flow without need for a lock that rusts in place, placement of handle sets flow rate.
2) Draw Straps are made of 1040 high carbon hot rolled steel which is much harder (Brinell 175/200) and stronger. Greatly reduces wear of straps and eliminates side pull on operating rod.
Benefit - Longest operating life.
* 3) Stainless Steel Operating Rod is ground and polished and will not cut out packing and packing nut, like brass rod used by other companies.
Benefit - Best material for longest operating life.
4) Heavy-Duty Solid Brass Hose Adapter threaded for standard 3/4" hose coupling.
Benefit - Standard hose fitting readily available.
5) Heavy Cast Iron Head with the same design Merrill Manufacturing™ has used for over sixty years.
Benefit - Time-proven design, takes years of abuse.
* 6) Pivot Connector with Two Nuts provides simple positive adjustment and eliminates unreliable set screws used by other companies.
Benefit - Adjustable for years, not like rusting set screw.
7) Galvanized Pipe has no exposed threads subject to the weather.
Benefit - No exposed steel on pipe to rust.
8) One Piece Plunger uses double seal design to ensure positive shut-off even when foreign particles are present. Plunger positively opens drain to prevent freezing, and positively closes even at slow flow rates.
Benefit - Economical design that still closes drain hole.
* 9) Long Life Plunger is molded with ethylene propylene material that is self-lubricating and will not bond to brass valve body like rubber plunger used by other companies.
Benefit - Longest operating life in one piece design.
10) Double Bypass Valve Body provides a large volume of water and the time-proven design used for over sixty years.
Benefit - High water flow with economical design.
11) Locking Eye on head and lever allows hydrant to be padlocked shut when not in use.
Benefit - Protects from waste of water.
* 12) Swivel Parts permit withdrawal of moving parts without digging up hydrant. Nothing in head assembly to disconnect or adjust when removing, simply unscrew entire head assembly from galvanized pipe and pull up valve stem with plunger for inspection.
Benefit - Very simple repair easily done at ground level.
* Exclusive Merrill Quality Features
C-1000 Yard Hydrants are packaged 12 per master bundle