E-5000 Series, ENL-5000 Series, EM-5000 Series & EMNL-5000 Series
Economy and Quality, Plastic/Metal Packing Gland, No-Lead Available. "The Best of Both Worlds - Quality and Price"
U.S. Patent No. 5,289,840 - D307627
The E-5000 Series Yard Hydrant gives year-round water service that drains below the frost line once shut off. Only Merrill Manufacturing™ builds in more benefits to give you the best value in the industry.
* 1) Lever Control operates by cam principle and pulls straight up on operating rod. Provides variable flow from trickle to full flow without lock to hold lever.
Benefit - Variable flow with no lock that rusts in place.
2) Draw Straps are made of 1040 high carbon hot rolled steel which is much harder (Brinell 175/200) and stronger. Greatly reduces wear of straps and eliminates side pull on operating rod.
Benefit - Longest operating life.
3) Operating Rod has smooth galvanized surface for maximum packing life.
Benefit - Longer service life of seal around rod.
4) Heavy-Duty Solid Hose Adapter threaded for standard 3/4" hose coupling.
Benefit - Standard hose fitting, readily available.
5) Heavy Cast Iron Head with the same design Merrill Manufacturing™ has used for over sixty years.
Benefit - Time-proven design takes years of abuse.
* 6) Pivot Connector a 1/4" hex head bolt provides simple positive adjustment and eliminates unreliable set screws used by other companies.
Benefit - Adjustable for years, not like rusting set screw.
7) Tough Packing Gland for easy plunger removal. Option: Metal packing gland available in EM-Series.
Benefit - Less time for plunger replacement.
8) Galvanized Pipe has no exposed threads subject to weather.
Benefit - No exposed steel on pipe to rust.
9) One-Piece Plunger uses double seal design to assure positive shut-off even when foreign particles are present. Plunger positively opens drain to prevent freezing, and positively closes even at slow flow rates.
Benefit - Economical design that still closes drain hole.
* 10) Long Life Plunger is molded with ethylene propylene material that is self-lubricating and will not bond to brass or no-lead brass valve body like rubber plunger used by other companies.
Benefit - Longest operating life in one piece design.
11) Double Bypass Valve Body provides a large volume of water and the time-proven design used for over sixty years.
Benefit - High water flow with economical design.
12) Locking Eye on head and lever allows hydrant to be padlocked shut when not in use.
Benefit - Protects from waste of water.
* 13) Simplest Hydrant to Service no need to dig up hydrant to inspect plunger. Shut off water supply. Remove lever handle, loosen packing gland in head casting and pull up rod with plunger, or simply unscrew head and pull out rod and plunger.
Benefit - Very simple repair, easily done at ground level.
* Exclusive Merrill Quality Features
NOTE: If hydrant is to be used in a high pressure application, please contact the factory.