M-2000 Series & M-2000A Series
Only No-Lead Noncorrosive Hydrant
The M-2000 Series & M-2000A No-Lead Frost Proof Yard Hydrants gives year-round water service that drains below the frost line when shut off. Only Merrill Manufacturing™ builds in more benefits to give you the best value in the industry.
* 1) Lever Control operates by cam principle and pulls straight on operating rod, provides variable flow from trickle to full flow without lock to hold lever.
Benefit - Variable flow with no lock that can rust in place.
2) Draw Straps are made of 1040 high carbon hot rolled steel which is much harder (Brinell 175/200) and stronger. This greatly reduces wear of straps and eliminates side pull on operating rod.
Benefit - Longest operating life.
* 3) Stainless Steel Operating Rod is ground and polished and will not cut out packing and packing nut like the brass rod used by other companies.
Benefit - Best material for operating life.
* 4) Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Head greatly reduces breakage of brittle cast iron, eliminates machining, painting and corrosion. Provides consistent, precise parts and a long life. Made of Zytel® ST (supertough) by DuPont™, one of the "World's Toughest Thermoplastics."
Benefit - Time proven design takes years of abuse.
* 5) Nozzle on Head has standard 3/4" hose thread molded on the outside and has 3/8" NPT thread molded into the inside, or an optional brass hose adapter is available on M-2000A Series.
Benefit - Standard hose fitting thread.
* 6) Pivot Connector with Two Nuts provides simple positive adjustment and eliminates unreliable set screws used by other companies.
Benefit - Adjustable for years, not like rusted in set screws.
7) Galvanized Pipe has no exposed threads subject to the weather.
Benefit - No exposed steel on pipe to rust.
8) One Piece Plunger uses double seal design to assure positive shut-off even when foreign particles are present. Plunger positively opens drain to prevent freezing, and positively closes drain even at slow flow rates.
Benefit - Economical design that still closes drain hole.
* 9) Long Life Plunger is molded with ethylene propylene material that is self-lubricating and will not bond to brass valve body like rubber plunger used by other companies.
Benefit - Longest operating life in one piece design.
* 10) Heavy-Duty Celcon® Valve Body eliminates corrosion in any water condition and provides a long life. Celcon® has been used in similar parts for over 50 years.
Benefit - High water flow with economical design.
11) Locking Eye on head and lever allows hydrant to be padlocked shut when not in use.
Benefit - Protects from waste of water.
* 12) Swivel Parts permit withdrawal of moving parts without digging up hydrant. Nothing in head assembly to disconnect or adjust when removing, simply unscrew entire head assembly from galvanized pipe and pull up valve stem with plunger for inspection.
Benefit - Very simple repair, easily done at ground level.
* Exclusive Merrill Quality Features
M-2000 Series Yard Hydrants are packaged 12 per master bundle