MCU Series & SSMCU Series
Clear Well Pitless Units
Protect your precious water supply with a Merrill Manufacturing™ Pitless Unit. The highest quality installation that includes steel casing from below frost line up to and above ground level, this provides the best for water safety and sanitation. They save the contractor installation and servicing headaches, and give the well owner years and years of long trouble-free service. Units have brass or stainless steel pitless body for long life.
1) Certified Watertight Pitless Units & Caps tested and approved by Pitless Adapter Standard PAS-1, PAS-2, PAS-97(12) and Illinois Code.
Benefit - Approved and recommended by all stringent state well codes.
* 2) 100% Pressure Test of All Units at factory to ensure seal to discharge.
Benefit - Guarantees pitless unit lines up and seals when servicing well.
* 3) Positive Mechanical Seal by simply turning the stainless steel adjusting screw inside the pull pipe. Custom wrench available from the factory.
Benefit - Easy to work on and will not rust.
4) Full Diameter Access to Well no obstructions that may need to be removed before working on well, common to pitless adapters.
Benefit - Eliminates extra work when re-working or re-drilling well.
* 5) 100% Stainless Steel Pitless Body to ensure a long life and easy disengaging for future work on pump or well. Outside of pitless casing is painted, not standard with other companies.
Benefit - Long service life, easy service for years to come.
* 6) Extra Large Thick O-Ring Seal assures watertight seal to inside casing and around discharge welded to outside of casing.
Benefit - Ensures seal to inside of casing and will reseal after removed for service.
* 7) Male Thread, Plain End or Compression Coupling available on end of pitless casing for connection to well.
Benefit - Easy connection to well casing for all installations.
* 8) Heavy-Duty Galvanized Iron Support Bar Holds 160% More Weight minimizes danger of losing pump or pipe down well. The Merrill Manufacturing™ support bar is much stronger than the aluminum bar used by other manufacturers and holds more weight than slide together type pitless adapters.
Benefit - Will support more weight.
* 9) Ground Screw in Support Bar provides a simple and easily accessible connection for the electrical ground of the pump cable.
Benefit - Easy connection for ground wire.
* 10) Simple Disengagement for Service by simply turning the stainless steel adjusting screw, the entire water system outside the well can be drained WITHOUT pulling the pump (impossible with other pitless units).
Benefit - Simple answer for seasonal homes.
11) Watertight Caps are Available
Benefit - A well cap for all well codes.
12) Stainless Steel Elbow Fitting available for discharge, eliminates pull on discharge pipe by settlement of dirt, or when back filling the trench.
Recommended installation method: Use quality stainless steel elbow at discharge so pipe can be connected vertically and the length of pipe from the well can be at bottom of trench.
* Exclusive Merrill Quality Features