For Steel or Plastic Well Casing, The Only Complete Pitless Kit Right Out of the Box
Protect your precious water supply with Merrill Manufacturing™ Pitless Kits. The highest quality installation, plus the best for water safety and sanitation. They save the contractor installation and servicing headaches and give the well owner years and years of long, trouble-free service.
1) Certified Watertight Pitless Kits & Caps tested and approved by Pitless Adapter Standard PAS-1, PAS-2, PAS-97(12) and Illinois Code.
Benefit - Approved by all stringent state codes.
* 2) Positive Mechanical Seal by simply turning the stainless steel adjusting nut at the top of the well.
Benefit - Positive operation after years of service.
3) Full Diameter Access to Well no obstructions inside well that may need to be removed before working on well, common problem to pitless adapters.
Benefit - Simple and fast installation.
* 4) Large Spud Gasket Seal on discharge ell ensures watertight seal around hole cut in casing and separates discharge elbow and casing, which eliminates corrosion that can make removal difficult.
Benefit - Ensures seal to inside of casing.
5) Discharge Hub Clamps Around Casing with a U-Bolt and backstrap to prevent distortion of plastic casing if overtightened.
Benefit - Protects from installation mistakes.
6) Use Existing Casing - Plastic or Steel low cost and most of the advantages of pitless units.
Benefit - No restriction on casing material.
* 7) 3 Part Kit the only complete pitless kit consists of discharge hub, complete internal parts with pull pipe and watertight cap in one box.
* 8) Support Plate Holds Weight, more weight than pitless adapters, and minimizes danger of losing pump or pipe down well. The weight of the pump, pipe and water is supported by the plate which uses the strength of the entire top of the casing, not just a small part of the side wall like pitless adapters.
Benefit - Safer and holds more weight.
9) Cable Slot in Support Plate allows you to install and service pump without a splice in submersible cable.
Benefit - Easier installation.
* 10) Ground Screw in Support Plate provides a simple and easily accessible connection for the electrical ground of the pump cable.
Benefit - Electrical safety.
* 11) Simple Disengagement for Service by simply turning the stainless steel adjusting nut at the top of the well.
Benefit - Simple operation of kit and decades of actual use in the field assures it will work well into the future.
* 12) Water System Easily Drained by turning the stainless steel adjusting nut at the top of the well so entire water system outside of well will drain WITHOUT PULLING THE PUMP, impossible with most other pitless kits and pitless adapters.
Benefit - Simple answer to draining pipe.
* 13) Seasonal Homes the perfect answer for a seasonal home, simply turn off pump and turn stainless steel nut inside well cap at top of well to drain entire water system - not possible from any other company.
Benefit - Extra application to sell kit.
14) Stainless Steel Elbow Fitting available for discharge, eliminates pull on discharge pipe by settlement of dirt, or when back filling the trench.
Recommended installation method: Use quality stainless steel elbow at discharge so pipe can be connected vertically and the length of pipe from the well can be at bottom of trench.
* Exclusive Merrill Quality Features